In 2020, 85% of marketing professionals say video is an important tool in their marketing strategy. With the popularity of video, it is no surprise that people are capitalizing on this opportunity to create unique content. It is known that video marketing increases engagement and improves brand loyalty. Honestly, what’s not to love about that?
Let’s think about our own personal preferences… When you are scrolling through social media, are you more drawn to text, images, or videos? If your answer is video, then you side with the majority here!
Examples of Video Marketing
For any business that wants to leave its mark, video marketing is the way to go. Videos can be used in a variety of ways in marketing, but here are just a few examples:
- 1. Demo videos – Just launched a new product or service? A demo is a great way to show off its new features and how easily it can be used. Whether you want to do an unboxing or put your product to the test, be sure to tailor the content to your audience so it will truly resonate with them!
- 2. Brand videos – Prove to your audience that you are not just all talk. A brand video is a notable method for showing your company’s culture, personality, and environment. Including a well-thought-out branding video on your hiring page can be very beneficial to attracting talented individuals. It can give the applicant an idea of what it is like to be a part of the team before stepping in the door!
- 3. Testimonial videos – Without your customers, there would be no you! A testimonial video is perfect for validating how your product or service has bettered your customers’ lives. By hearing from a real-life customer, it proves to the rest of your audience that your business is trusted and worth buying from.
- 4. Educational videos – Are you an expert in your field? Share that with your audience! Use your knowledge to teach them something new or help them better understand the purpose of your business. Showcase your knowledge with step-by-step instructions or by doing a how-to video.
- 5. Live videos – Who can resist a live video from your favorite brand? Many brands use Facebook and Instagram Live to film events, to have question and answer sessions, and to give fans a behind-the-scenes look. It is a great opportunity to engage with your audience in real-time!
- 6. Paid advertisement videos – Nowadays it will not take long to see a sponsored ad on social media. They are everywhere! Video marketing is an effective approach to build brand awareness and to promote products, services, and sales. And just like any good campaign, a clear call-to-action is key for a successful marketing video!
How to Plan a Video
Before you start filming, be sure to plan your video. There are a few simple questions that you can ask yourself to start the planning process:
- 1. Who is your audience? – Target your ideal buyer persona. Mold your video to fit their characteristics like age, gender, location, and interests.
- 2. What is the goal? – Knowing the purpose of your video is crucial! If you do not know the why behind what you are doing, you will spend a lot of time re-shooting and editing.
- 3. When will it be posted? – Keep track of your due date. This will make a big difference if it is something that is due in a few months vs. a few days.
- 4. Where will it be posted? – Once again, know your audience and meet them where they are. If Facebook is their most-used platform, post your video there first and then re-purpose it onto the other sites.
- 5. What is the budget? – Set your limitations. Creating a video can add up if you do not follow a budget!
- 6. What are the creative requirements? – Animated or live-action? Ask yourself if you have the proper skills and resources to film and edit a polished video.
If you can answer these questions, then I think that it is time for you to pick up the camera and start filming! Transformation Marketing is here to help you plan out and produce creative videos because we know that it can be a daunting task. For more information, give us a call at 402-788-2896 or visit our website at www.transformationmarketing.com.