When people think of social media marketing tools, their minds tend to go to “the giants” like Facebook and Twitter. While those two platforms do have a lot to offer, we’re here to tell you that it’s time to make a Pinterest business account (if you haven’t already)! Pinterest is an online pinboard that people use to find ideas and spark inspiration through visuals. When you find a pin you love, you can add it to your organized board so that you can find it later or help others see it, too! In this blog, we’ll discuss how you can use Pinterest as a marketing tool to grow your business. Let’s dive in!
Advantages of a Pinterest Business Account
To make a business account, you’ll need to head to your profile and either convert your personal profile to a business account or add a brand new account. The business accounts are set up a little bit differently than a personal account, so here are some advantages to making the switch…
Get Access to Marketing Materials
- Pinterest is amazing in the sense that they don’t just leave you hanging to figure out the platform on your own when you sign up. They offer great marketing materials to teach you how to fully leverage your business account to maximize your brand. As you explore your options, you’ll come across resources like tools, blogs, insights, and guides as well as a business community to get connected with and to support other brands!
Monitor Your Pinterest Analytics
- Once your business account is verified, you’ll be able to access in-depth reports about your account’s analytics. On your analytics dashboard, you’ll see data based on your overall presence, account insights, your best pins, and audience insights. This information can be very useful to help determine what content and strategies work for you. Keep it in mind when planning your future posts!
Create Rich Pins
- With a business account, you can create “rich pins.” A rich pin is a type of organic pin that automatically syncs your information from your website to your pins. If your website updates, so will your pins! The more information provided, the more sales power these pins can generate. Some common rich pins are products, recipes, and articles.
Try Out New Tools or Features
- As a business account, you’ll get to try out new tools and features that are exclusive to you! These tools are frequently related to shopping, ads, or cool features like the new widget buttons. Pinterest is constantly evolving its platform, so the best way to stay informed about the latest changes is to sign up for their newsletter.
- You won’t have to use your first and last name on a business account, instead you can use your business name. From there, you’ll also have the option to update your links to other platforms like your Facebook business account.
Tips on Creating an Effective Pin
Before you start pinning, you’ll want to make sure that you’re creating content that is buzz-worthy. If you’re reading this, you probably already know that Pinterest is a highly visual platform. With that in mind, you want to make pins that have great photos or graphics on them. That’s just one tip, here are some more…
Create Pins Using Popular Categories
- If your business’ objective falls within one of the most popular categories, then you’ll have better luck gaining engagement. Just to name a few, the most popular categories on Pinterest are home decor, food and drinks, art, beauty, DIY and crafts, education, entertainment, women’s fashion, and design. If any of these categories overlap with your business, tap into that potential. Start creating boards and pins that are relevant to your brand and are already getting traction in popular categories!
Use Best Practices
- When designing a pin, you should use a 2:3 aspect ratio (ex: 1000×1500 pixels). If they’re not the right size, they may negatively perform on Pinterest. Other pointers are: use vertical images, include your logo, and add concise text overlay.
Make Pins that Perform
- There’s no point in working against the algorithm, so indulge yourself in making pins that have a history of performing well. Pinterest will tell you that video pins capture attention more than anything else. High-quality photography, infographics, and photo tutorials also receive excellent engagement.
If you haven’t made the switch to a Pinterest business account yet… what are you waiting for?! If you use these strategies and tips, we believe that you’ll have more opportunities to improve your social media presence, attract your target audience, and get people to your website. Let us know when you make a new business account, so we can be sure to connect with you!
For more help on leveraging your social media game, give Transformation Marketing a call at 402-788-2896. We look forward to working with you!