There’s a lot of competition during the holidays. It’s not just who can decorate the prettiest cookie or build the best snowman – but it’s also who can create the perfect holiday marketing campaign. However, a successful holiday campaign will get you more than just a pat on the back, it will bring in more opportunities to increase sales and attract new customers! With so many advertisements circulating during the holidays, it may be hard for you to find your spot. With that in mind, here are 9-holiday marketing strategies to use…
Holiday Marketing Strategies
- 1. Offer your best sales – Consumers know that retailers are competing for their attention, so they’re going to take advantage of finding the lowest prices and highest quality products. You can get creative with how you discount your products. You can offer a single one-time discount that’s irresistible, or you can offer a series of smaller promotions that will keep customers coming back for more.
- 2. Start bright and early – One way to stand out is by being the first one. Beat all your competitors to the punch by thanking your loyal customers at Thanksgiving rather than at Christmas or New Years. Send a card to show your appreciation with an exclusive offer to show them how much they are appreciated.
- 3. Expand your social media presence – Social media is more than just Facebook anymore! Get on channels platforms like Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter. Each of these sites has millions of users who are seeking holiday inspiration and your content might be just what they are looking for.
- 4. Get attention with video marketing – Turn to video marketing to feature new products, show behind-the-scenes footage, or to even share customer testimonials. Videos tend to be more eye-catching and engaging on social media, so it would be a great way to show some personalization and holiday spirit while attracting customer’s attention.
- 5. Provide fun gift suggestions – Make it easy for consumers to see what you have to offer by laying it all out there. Write a wish-list blog featuring your hottest products or include direct links to popular items on email campaigns. People are busy, so they will appreciate the extra effort of making it easy on them.
- 6. Tap into your childhood – Christmas time is magical especially for kids! Tap into that inner child by creating campaigns that make you feel warm, cozy, and believe that Santa is real. Scripted fonts, vibrant colors, and classic songs all will help play into that holiday nostalgia.
- 7. Be on-the-go with mobile – If you haven’t noticed, mobile is very popular these days. To meet your consumers with where they are at, it’s best to optimize your online store and campaigns to work on mobile devices. More and more people are purchasing on mobile, so you might as well hop on that bandwagon.
- 8. Offer free shipping and returns – Who can resist the word “free”? If you offer free shipping or returns, don’t sweep it under the rug. Tell them about it! Be sure to mention in on your website, social media, and email campaigns, so they can take advantage of that great deal.
- 9. Show your holiday spirit – For most shoppers, it’s not all about gifts. It’s about an experience! Show your festive side by decorating in-store and designing winter-themed webpages. If you have the extra budget, offering complimentary refreshments and gift-wrapping will be sure to spread some Christmas cheer as well.
Strong holiday marketing strategies take a little time and effort, but they will pay off in big ways. Follow these 9 steps to stand out from the competition this season!
Need help with your marketing strategy? Call Transformation Marketing at 402-788-2896 or visit www.transformationmarketing.com!