Google Ads certifications are professional accreditations offered by Google. Google provides certifications to individuals for showing their skills in both basic and advanced Google Ads skills. These certifications let individuals show potential business prospects and employers that Google recognizes their expertise in online marketing. Google offers its certifications through its Skillshop online training platform. These certifications are provided to individuals at no cost.
There are numerous potential benefits to becoming certified in Google Ads. In this article, we will go over some of these advantages. We will also tell you how you can become Google certified and maintain your certifications over time. Finally, we will go over how best to share your certifications with others. With this information, you will be ready to start the Google certification process and bolster your resume.
If you do not already have a Skillshop account, make sure to create one so you can access Google Ads assessments. These assessments are necessary to get certified.
Advantages of Google Certifications
Google Ads certifications are available to any member of Google Partners. Getting certified has several benefits, including:
- Demonstrating your knowledge
- Helping your company get Google Partner badges
- Build your advertising skillset
Showing what you know is one of the most critical advantages of Google certifications. You even receive a personalized printable certificate for meeting with clients in person. Additionally, if you apply your certifications to your company, you can help it earn Google Partner or Premier Google Partner badges. These show that companies have at least one member who is Google Ads certified and meet a few other requirements.
How to Become Google Ads Certified
Becoming certified in Google Ads is relatively straightforward. Certifications are broken down into Google Ads products. You must pass each product area assessment to receive individual certifications. These assessments are found in Skillshop. Certifications are offered for Google Ads Display, Google Ads Search, Shopping ads, and Google Ads Video. Each certification proves your skills in a unique subset of Google Ads products and services:
- Google Ads Display Certification shows that you have expertise in using Google Display to bolster your marketing investments. Once certified, you can show that you have the skills needed to develop Display campaigns that work effectively and achieve specific goals.
- Google Ads Search Certification shows your abilities in building and optimizing Google Search marketing campaigns. You will learn skills like using automated solutions such as Audience Solutions and Smart Bidding to improve campaign performance and meet specific objectives.
- Shopping Ads Certification shows you are proficient with Shopping ads and can create Shopping campaigns. You will learn how to optimize Shopping campaigns so you can get the best possible conversion rate and reach the most individuals.
- Google Ads Video Certification shows that you can get results using Google Video and YouTube ads. You will learn how to effectively tell brand stories on YouTube to better engage audiences throughout the entire purchasing journey.
Google Ads certifications are valid for one year, at which point you will need to pass the appropriate assessment for each product area again. This is necessary to renew your certification and keep it up to date.
Using Your Certifications for Business
You can use your Google Ads certifications to demonstrate that you are a certified digital ad professional. Your certifications show that Google acknowledges you possess the requisite skills and experience to use their products for marketing campaigns effectively. This can be an essential checkmark in the list of potential business partners and clients who are looking for someone that specializes in Google Ads. With Google Certifications under your belt, you can improve your standing in the digital marketplace.