Earlier this year we published a blog about graphic design trends that we see dominating 2021. While many of them still hold true today, we want to spruce things up for summer. There are so many fun, colorful, and vibrant graphic design concepts that you can use to make your summer-inspired designs POP! We’ll be sharing a few design trends that catch our eye and how you can implement them into your campaigns this season.
- Every time summer rolls around, you should let loose a little and throw some fun colors into your designs. Whether you’re marketing for an outdoor event or flash sale, summer-inspired colors can be used to lift your marketing. Fun colors can bring excitement, freedom, and some downright ~good summer vibes~ to your designs. Here are some designs that we think incorporate summer colors well:
Tropical and Nature-Themed Elements
- There are an endless amount of summer designs that feature either tropical or nature-themed elements. Just think about it… palm trees, ocean views, tropical jungles, and floral patterns. Should I go on? Depending on how you use these elements, you can either go for the wild and vibrant route or the dreamy bliss way. Here are some great summer designs that make us wish we were in paradise:
Retro Logos and Graphics
- Something about the summer just makes us want to rewind to the 60s, 70s, and 80s. Summer is a great time to throw it back by utilizing retro-influenced logos and graphics. There are so many retro elements and trends to choose from. Some of our most recognizable and our vintage favorites are pop art, freeform typography, neon, 80s deco, Memphis design, and psychedelia design. Do you recognize any of these?
Light and Shadow Effects
- We’re so used to light and shadow that many of us don’t notice it on a day-to-day basis. However, using these two effects can really elevate your designs by adding depth, dimension, and perspective. In some cases, it may even make your designs seem like they are going to pop off the page. You can use light and shadows in a variety of ways whether that be through a gradient background, casting shadows behind products, or eye-popping typography. Here are a couple of our favorite light and shadow examples using summer elements:
Sweet Treats and Food Icons
- Ok, we just had to do it. Who doesn’t think of eating ice cream, grilling burgers, and munching on fresh fruit when they think summer? Summer and food just go hand-in-hand, which is why they’re a fun element to play around with creating designs. You can’t go wrong with using either photography or illustration food icons. Who’s hungry? Here two ideas we liked:
TM Can Help
Summer is a busy time for businesses, so marketing and graphic design might not be top of mind for you. And that’s ok… because we’re here to help with any designs (whether they’re summer-inspired or not). Whether you need a new logo, web design, or printed materials, TM can do it for you! In addition to graphic design work, we specialize in social media marketing, content creation, web development, programmatic advertising, search engine optimization, and a whole lot more! If you’re interested in learning more about what we can do for you and your business, please give us a call at 402-788-2896!
Graphic Design Credit: www.Canva.com