Do you regularly send bulk emails from your personal email account? If so, stop right there! As a small business owner with a growing contact list, it’s time to invest in an email marketing service. Not only will using an email marketing service make it easier for you to send emails, but they’ll also make sure that you comply with commercial email laws (yes, that’s a thing!). This blog will outline the advantages of using an email marketing service and how it’ll benefit your business.
Advantages of Using an Email Marketing Service
- What could be better than working while you’re not? What we mean… With email automation, you can schedule and send emails around the clock. Automated emails can be useful for a variety of marketing purposes because they take the legwork out of staying in touch with your audience. Emails can help gain new leads, send birthday wishes, or share a new blog post — whether you’re behind the computer at that moment or not. If you’re still using your personal email for mass marketing, you’ve probably noticed you don’t get that luxury. There’s no option to schedule emails or to even target a group of emails. Every email has to be manually typed in by you and sent by you at the same time. Doesn’t that get old?
Pre-Designed and Customizable Templates
- Gone are the days of just plain ‘ole text emails. People expect a well-designed and visually appealing email from businesses. Luckily, most email marketing services offer a plethora of pre-designed templates. When using one of their templates, you can be confident that your emails will look good and work across all email platforms. Even if you choose to use a pre-designed email template, you can still customize it to fit your business’ style and your campaign needs — like changing the colors or adding a call-to-action button.
- Email marketing services make it easy for you — they will manage your email list automatically. For instance, if a subscriber wants to opt-out of your e-newsletter, all they have to do is click the “opt-out” link (typically found at the bottom), and then they will be automatically removed. In the same realm, the service can also link sign-up forms from your website or social channels and automatically add subscribers to your list when they sign-up. You don’t have to lift a finger… it’s all done for you.
- Why wouldn’t you want to know if your emails got opened or clicked on? One of the downfalls of using a personal email is that you have no way to track the analytics, so you don’t know if it was a successful campaign or not. This information is helpful to be aware of so that you can figure out which emails were read, what subject lines worked, and how many links were clicked. By recognizing this information, you can use it to adjust future emails and ensure that you’re sending out the most relevant content to your subscribers.
Compliance with Email Laws
- Remember when we mentioned that there were email laws? In 2003, the CAN-SPAM Act was created to set rules for commercial emails and it outlines tough penalties for violations. Here’s a brief overview of the main requirements from the Federal Trade Commission:
• Don’t use false or misleading header information
• Don’t use deceptive subject lines
• Identify the message as an ad
• Tell recipients where you’re located
• Tell recipients how to opt-out of receiving future emails from you
• Honor opt-out requests promptly
• Monitor what others are doing on your behalf
If your business chooses to violate these laws, you can be subject to fines or even losing your email account.
TM Can Help!
Are you convinced to get an email marketing service? Check out Campaign Monitor, MailChimp, Constant Contact, and many others. We truly believe that an email marketing service can grow and improve your business. If you’re ready to make the switch, Transformation Marketing can help get you started, set up a customized template, and schedule email campaigns for you… both safely and efficiently.
Contact TM in Lincoln, NE for email marketing, graphic design, web development, search engine optimization, content writing, programmatic advertising, and much more! Give us a call at 402-788-2896!